Attending the 6th International Event of PublicitÃ© Romande (post2)
Talk #4: Jean-Paul Chapon, Alcatel-Lucent: Intranet 2.0 Good talk about the cultural changes in the enterprise if it choses to go 2.0. Communication is no longer a corporate issue: it’s up to all the employees to take part (internal UGC, internal (micro-)blogging, internal youtube, everything open to comments. The message I will remember: it has to come from the top.
From adaptation to adoption:
- Management involvement and support
- A new relationship with IT: 7000 people on yammer.com
- Serendipity also drives the change: no agenda for the “CafÃ© wiki” internal communication campaign and it works!
- Open questions: what does governance mean in a 2.0 environment?
Talk #5: JÃ¼rgen Zimmermann, SAP: Internal Communication in Times of the Generation Y
- Clear separation between controled content (customer pricelists, etc.) and all the rest of the internal content
- Massive use of wikis (>1’000!) to share information and build internal knowledge
- Discussion forums. Effective tool: questions@sap
- Massive use of podcasts for internal training
- No use of Yammer. Internal tweeting is still experimental, critical mass not yet reached
- The challenge is to get the critical mass
- There is no “internal” or “external” anymore
- Key concept: TRUST YOUR PEOPLE!
Talk #6: Ian McNairn : Online Communication at IBM: Decoding the Digital Revolution
“I am a catalyst between the Decision makers and the technology”.
Going too fast for me to liveblog it, especially as I’m reviewing my talk a last time, but this is absolutely brilliant! I look forward to following @mcnairn on Twitter
My turn next, I’m starting to sweat… See you later!